A vacancy has arisen for a Welder Fabricator within Altens East Refurb department reporting directly to the Workshop Chargehand.
The successful candidate will have:
- Working knowledge and prior experience of M.I.G and Arc welding processes and techniques in multiple positions
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to work to a high standard or workmanship.
- Ability to learn new skills.
- Work to tight deadlines in a safe and accurate manner.
- Ability to work unsupervised in diligent and safe manner.
Responsibilities and duties will include but not be limited to:
- Carry out repairs to Cargo Containers
- Perform preventative maintenance task to improve safety and aesthetics of CCU
- Touch up
- Lubricate hinges
- Lubricate shackle pins
- I.D Plate changes
- Any other maintenance task as identified.
- Document trip inspection (includes electronically)
- Non fleet and third party repairs or fabrication
- Prior welding experience
- Numeracy & literacy
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Forklift driving (not essential)
Applicants must be able to work as part of a team and have a good timekeeping record. The specific terms and conditions relating to the post will be agreed with the successful applicants based on their experience and knowledge.
Apply for this role
Thank you for your interest in Swire Oilfield Services. Please provide all relevant information that may help with your application.