The Inspector is responsible for ensuring all equipment and lifting sets are current with inspections, testing, and certifications at both Swire Oilfield Services locations and customer consignment locations.
- Remove outdated slings and prepare reports for recertification at SOS and customer locations
- Install recertified slings at SOS and customer locations
- Ensure that all equipment is properly cleaned
- Perform inspection and maintenance on all equipment as required.
- Perform NDE inspection (wet mag, dye penetrant) on equipment pad-eyes as required
- Perform visual inspections on equipment and slings per ASME B30.9 as required
- Maintain and submit accurate inspection forms and sling change logs
- Assist at customer locations to ensure consignment equipment is up to date with inspections and certification
- Remove out dated slings and install recertified slings on units.
- Prepare recertification reports.
- Travel to customer locations to ensure consignment equipment is up to date with inspections and certifications.
- Communicate with customers on the compliance status of units in their yards
- Ensure GPS units are intact and working on customer and SOS locations.
- Collect and track daily consignment inventories
- Assist with other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Applicants must possess a valid Driver’s license.
- No more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years.
- A clean work and criminal history record.
- Safety conscience
- Ability to communicate with other crew members, customers, and vendors
Preferred, but not required
- 6 months experience in NDE, current NDE Level II certification a plus
- 6 months experience in Rigging, current Rigging Gear and Sling Inspector Level II
Apply for this role
Thank you for your interest in Swire Oilfield Services. Please provide all relevant information that may help with your application.