As part of the Group Operations team, the Buyer will be responsible for evaluating Procurement requests from our Global operating companies, obtaining best value proposals from our supply base and managing the delivery performance for each contract.
This is an integral role within the Group Operations Team and will see the Buyer collaborate with group supporting functions as well as colleagues within our global operating companies. It is therefore essential that the candidate has excellent communication skills, is proactive and has a strong sense of customer focus.
Through this exposure the successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop a wide range of skills relating to the global business.
- Review, process and respond to Procurement requests from global OpCo’s
- Obtain best value proposals for the internal customer to support sales initiatives
- Negotiate and place purchase orders with our global supply base
- Attend and contribute to kick-off meetings with our manufacturers
- Expedite orders throughout the manufacturing process to ensure on-time delivery, collaborating with Operations, Quality, Engineering and Logistics
- Liaise with Engineering on specification and technical matters
- Support group functions with direct Procurement as required
- Recording and reporting of supplier performance and department metrics, raising NCR’s where necessary and contributing to improvement initiatives
- Develop long term relationships with key suppliers and internal customers
- Support the Procurement Manager in developing process & procedures
- Assist in the evaluation of new suppliers
- Adhere to our Code of Ethics, encouraging strong values and good behaviours wherever we do business
- Stay up to date with industry trends and legislation
Qualifications and Skills
- The candidate will have a good understanding of Procurement best practice and techniques
- The candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience within a Procurement department
- The candidate will hold a recognized Procurement qualification, e.g. MCIPS or a student/affiliate member interested in working towards full membership
- The candidate will have excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
- The candidate will have the ability to act proactively and prioritize with limited supervision
- Experience working with other cultures preferable but not essential
- Logistics experience is preferable but not essential
- ERP system experience is preferable but not essential
The specific terms and conditions relating to the post will be agreed with the successful applicants based on their experience and knowledge.
Apply for this role
Thank you for your interest in Swire Oilfield Services. Please provide all relevant information that may help with your application.