Swire Oilfield Services was approached in 2007 to assist in the safe storage and management of rigging gear equipment for onshore and offshore operations in and around a major terminal in Nigeria . Swire Oilfield Services supported our client throughout the project duration until its successful completion in 2016.
West Africa - Nigeria
- Bespoke Rigging lofts
- Testing & Inspection
- No centralised storage facility for rigging gear onshore or offshore meaning time was often wasted locating the correct equipment.
- No formal management of rigger gear integrity and certification making it difficult to identify what equipment was fit for purpose.
- Rigging loft containers to be utilised both on and offshore, for the safe centralised storage of rigging gear
- Quality control and inventory management of rigging gear for enhanced operations
- Testing & Inspection of equipment to ensure operational safety and equipment integrity
- On-site inspectors for real time task delivery as and when required
Throughout the project period Swire Oilfield Services delivered 40 rigging loft containers, on a rental basis, to provide a centralised, safe and effect facility to store rigging gear both onshore and offshore on various bases and platforms. 4 Swire LEEA certified inspectors and 6 riggers were also based on-site to ensure the integrity and quality of the equipment by providing the following services on a ongoing basis :
- Rigging gear quality control
- Inventory management of rigging gear
- Inspection & re-certification of hook down rigging gears & lofts
- Inspection & re-certification of working at height equipment
- Lifting operations & offshore container consultancy
- Real time availability of rigging lofts and gears helping to enhance client operations
- Subject matter specialist on-site for all offshore containers and rigging gear matters
- Maintaining integrity and standard conformity for required equipment contributing to annual safety performance