Swire Oilfield Services UK Team was approached by a major Oilfield Services Provider to modify a rigging loft to fit the exact specifications of one previously used by the company in Singapore, and supply equipment used within.
- Provision of 20ft loft from fleet for immediate modification.
- Engineering and Modification Services.
- Sourcing and Supply of equipment.
- Fabrication Services.
- Testing and Inspection Services.
- Blasting and Painting Services.
- Required a branded 20ft rigging loft that had the exact specifications of a loft the customer previously used in Singapore.
- No technical drawings available to support manufacturing.
- It was essential for the loft to be kitted with the equipment customer required. This included lifting equipment, welding equipment and general consumables.
- Rigging loft required in a short time frame (2 weeks).
Scope of Work
- Sourcing and modifying a 20ft container from our fleet.
- Ensuring specifications from customer in regards to the inside and outside of the loft were met.
- Fabricating of shelving and welding of all rigging pins, bars and hooks.
- Blasting and painting loft post-production to fit customer branding.
- Sourcing, supplying and fitting the loft with the essential equipment that the customer required.
Our UK team managed the entire project from design to installation with the use of in-house capabilities, including engineering, fabrication, sourcing and testing. This allowed for a turnaround of seven days.
The final solution delivered included:
- Provision of sales stock 20ft Offshore Container.
- Engineering support to create replica for missing technical drawings.
- Fit out and installation of internal shelving, rigging pins and hanging bars according to client specifications.
- Testing and inspection by in-house LEEA certified inspectors to ensure NDT and LOLER S12307 inspections.
- Surface preparation and painting of container in customer brand colours.
- Source and installation of equipment required by client from external lifting suppliers.
- Transportation of loft to client site.
- Modification of existing stock unit allowed for significant cost saving compared to the commission and manufacture of a new design.
- Swire Oilfield Services was able to provide the entire scope of work, therefore reducing the need for multiple suppliers, minimising cost spend, and turnaround time.