Swire Oilfield Services UK team was approached by a major North Sea Operator based in Aberdeen, to supply a bespoke solution for a fully fitted storage container with an overhead crane system to support lifts of heavy equipment.
- Provision of stock DNV offshore container
- Engineering and Modification Services
- Testing and Inspection Services
- Equipment Certification
- Painting Services
- Cost effective storage solution that would allowed heavy equipment to be stored securely without the need of manual lifting.
- Internal lighting in the storage facility that is suitable for offshore use.
- The unit would be required on a long-term bases.
- Immediate requirement due to projects on-boarding.
Scope of Work
- Provision of a cost effect DNV certified offshore container for immediate modification.
- Engineer solution for an overhead crane system that would fit within a standard container.
- Testing and inspection of complete unit, including lifting inspection.
- Supply of complete sling set.
- Equipment certification for offshore use.
- Container to be painted as per customer specification.
Working closly with the client, our engineering team identified that the best option for cost and turnaround time would be to modify one of the sales stock units and create a bespoke internal design that fit their requirements.
Our UK team managed the entire project from design to installation, utilising the extensive in-house service capabilities including engineering, fabrication and testing and inspection.
The final solution delivered included -
- Equipment layout drawings of the modified 20ft offshore container to ensure maximum space utilisation (designed and developed to DNV 2.7-1).
- Provision of sales stock 20ft Offshore Container.
- Fit out and installation of internal Zone 2 lighting and distribution board.
- Installation of internal storage shelving solution.
- Overhead trolley crane designed, manufactured and installed into the modified 20ft offshore container.
- Surface preparation and painting of container in customer brand colours.
- By modifying a Swire stock unit the customer was able to realise significant cost savings compared to commissioning and manufacturing a new build design.
- The complete unit was delivered on time and in budget as entire project was managed by the internal SOS teams, removing the need for multiple suppliers.